In the Classroom

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Our kitchen is small, can we add an extension?

A. Subject to planning we can work with our building section and architect to achieve this.

Q. We would like more sockets, is this possible?

A. It is likely we will need to install more anyway to bring your kitchen up to code. Our fully qualified electricians can work this out for you.

Q. Our walls are rough and wonky, will this be a problem?

A. We can replaster as many walls as you require to give you a lovely smooth finish. We can also cover your ceiling artex to give that modern apperance.

Q. Our kitchen is a bit dark, is it possible to add more light?

A. We can add lights under, inside and on top of cabinets also at floor level on the plinths. Ceiling lights can be changed and spot lights added. Energy saving LED's are very popular and provide lots of light.

Q. Our house is old and we are unsure about the wiring?

A. Our fully certified electricians will inspect your home to make sure it is compatible with modern appliances. In some cases it might require an up to date consumer unit (fuse box) to make your home comply with regulations. But if rewiring is required, this is also achieveable.

Q. We are thinking of making our dining room open plan with the kitchen, is this possible?

A. Working with your local building inspector, walls can be removed. Our building section can almost always achieve this although it might require some strucural support.

Q. Our gas cooker is not in a very good position, can it be moved?

A. Our fully qualified gas fitters/plumbers can move your applicances to almost anywhere your designs requires. We can even relocate or replace your boiler if this is in the way. This also applies to sinks, washing machines and dish washers too.

Q. We would like to have tiles on the floor but are not sure if the current floor covering is suitable?

A. We might have to strip out the current covering to find out what is underneath. At worst the sub floor can be replaced to support whatever floor covering you desire. Sometimes we add a process called latexing to make the floor nice and level. A particular problem when combining two rooms.

Q. Could we add another window or enlarge the curent one?

A. Our building section could achieve this although it could be subject to builing regulations and planning permission.

Q. I'd like an induction hob to replace the gas one we have, would this be a problem?

A. This should not present any problems, our gas fitters and electricians will work together to make this happen. We might need to add another circuit to your fuse board to achieve this as induction hobs are generally quite powerful.

Q. What happens in the event of a dispute, am I protected?

A. Although we haven't had to use it so far, we are partnered with Dispute Assist who provide protection for both you and ourselves in the event of a dispute offering mediation and advice.